Monday, September 21, 2009

Stay at Buffalo and visit to Niagara Falls

DSCF0706 DSCF0666
DSCF0710 DSCF0695

I had gone to attend the ISA and after this I went to visit Bittu in Buffalo. it was quite cold there and though I had planned to go to the University on a regular basis I thought it would be better if I worked from home. it was freezing cold and I just went to the University of Buffalo when i had to take a lecture. The highlight of this tour was a visit to the Niagara falls. i had seen these falls from The Canada side also when Deepa Mausi took me to these falls. The falls were 17 miles North west of Buffalo.  From the Canadian side these falls are known as Horseshoe Falls,  and from the American side they are known as  American Falls. The smaller Bridal Veil Falls are also located on the American side, separated from the main falls by Luna Island.Niagara Falls has long been a source of inspiration for explorers, travelers, artists, authors, filmmakers, residents and visitors. When we reached here we could see a lot of snow . Coming from Hyderabad I had never seen so much snow. It was fun roaming around in the snow and enjoying the cool  touch of the snow. I can still see they beautiful falls and the magical landscape once I close my eyes.

No comments: