Sunday, December 6, 2020

Final approval of a Project

 Final approval of a Project, on, Multidimensional support for the aging population with assistive technologies  by the Institute of Eminence under the University of Hyderabad. Before, I retired, we had applied for a major Project on Old aged persons and developing tools to assist them. This was a very unique project where Social Scientists, Health Pshycologist, linguists and Computer experts would work together to assess the issues related to old aged women and develop mobile apps and tools to assist them focusing on their health issues. Unfortunately, due to the  lock down every thing was closed and there was no news. These projects are assessed by outside experts and given a ranking. Meanwhile, I retired. However, today we have got an approval for it. It states that due to my expertise, I will continue to be associated with this. I am so happy that my association with the University will now continue again for another five years but does it ever end? Thanks Atul Negi, Padmaja, Narendra, Raja Rama, for all the hard work we had all put in. The memories of our endless meetings, discussions and the little little details that we argued upon are fresh in my mind. We learnt so much from each other and the different disciplines that we came from. Finally we can start working on this and contribute significantly to this field of gerontology. I am already working with Padmaja on a Project related to old aged women from ICSSR, till 2021.My experiences here will add on to this new Project. I am glad that I will continue to work for old aged women an issue that has interested me since my youth when I interacted with a widow from Vrindavan and then worked on widows of Vrindavan and also published few papers and a book on this issue. The Multidimensional perspectives on aging by IGI, Pennsylvania, USA.

No comments: