Friday, January 3, 2020

A.P. History Congress

I was invited to deliver the  Sectional Presidential address at the 44th Annual Session of the A. P. History Congress in Kurnool at the KV Government College for Women, organised on 4th and 5 th January, 2020.  This was a very happy occasion for me for I could meet so many of my students who are now teaching in different colleges of Andhra Pradesh. I had many students come up to me and introduce themselves Mam, I am your such and such batch student. I could meet students from 1983-84 batch,others from ninetees,to two thousand and it was difficult to keep track. Some, I definitely remembered for they had stood out in class, others for they had kept in touch or I had met them in some Refresher or orientation course or faculty improvement course or a seminar some where in a different University. Two of my students, Malli Gandhi who is now a Professor and Sundar presented me a book written by them which is published by Routlege and Manohar on Denotified tribes of India.They had released these two books at the Congress and it was a felicitation to Prof. Ramakrishna and his late wife Dr. Lalita. It was also nice to meet Prof. Shanti Papu an archeologist, Prof. Ramakrishna, Prof. Arun Bandopadhyay and his wife Uma Bandopadhyay. It was great when my students introduced me to their students. All of them remembered our University with such fondness and it is nice to know that they all acknowledge the fact that we have contributed a lot to their growth. In fact, I could see the students from our University making a mark in the Congress and many have settled well in life. Many of these students kept asking about my former Colleagues, Sudhir and Kameshwari who have both left the University in the 1990's and were happy to hear about them and the fact that I was in touch with both.














No comments: