Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Birthday celebtation on 6th June, 2016

 I really want to thank all my family, relatives, friends, current students and past students and colleagues and friends  from across the world, UK, USA, Brazil, France, Australia, Spain, Canada and also across India from different states, who took time and gave me their birthday wishes. I am  so touched and moved and you all made this day special for me. My mobile was on silent for a lecture for three hours in the morning and when I changed the settings  I could see more than fifteen missed calls. I also want to thank the technology for right from the morning, in fact at midnight I found so many messages in Yahoo, Gmail, Linked in, messenger, what's app, my mobile and not to forget face book. In ancient days in Indian culture  we used to go on Pilgrimage to remember everyone, our past, present and future generations and friends and thank God for all our blessings. Today technology performs that function and a birthday becomes the perfect moment to do this. As a child, in primary school I always felt bad that my birthday came during  summer holidays and I could never be that birthday girl who distributed chocolates to school friends and was surrounded by many other students as the centre of attraction, the only one wearing a civil dress amidst the uniformed students, going around the school distributing sweets and getting best wished from all the teachers. Today technology made up for every thing by bridging distances, time zones and spaces. Once again a big Thank you to every one for making this day so grand and keeping me in your thoughts.


No comments: