Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Allahabad University in 1978

Today this looks almost like Pre History  but in 1978 but when Prof. R. P. Tripathi and his wife visited the Department of Medieval Modern History, there was a group photo taken of all the faculty members. I was a young lecturer then just getting into teaching. I am so happy that my student Harish Srinivasa   who is now a faculty member in the Department found this photo and sent it to me. Thanks Harish. This is such a gem of a collection. I do not recognise most of the people now since thirty nine years have passed  but I am in a white sweater standing third  in the second row, next to Rita Bahuguna, Madhu Tripathi. Those days photography was so rare. I can recognise Heramb Chaturvedi, DrYogeshwar Tewari. They will now freshen up my  memory and let me know who all are the Professors seated in the first row. I know the names but cannot put the face to the photo. Thanks Harish. You made my day today.








No comments: