Tuesday, June 30, 2020

My last day officially after forty years in Academics

 Thanks to all my students. I am what I am because of you. My, my, what a day, it was. The last day of my official duty and due to the pandemic, I thought, I will go quietly sign few papers and return home to get ready for the evening webinar at four. But, my students Rizwan Ahmad, Pavithra Molugu and Manu DrManu Jayas had different plans. Pandemic or no pandemic, they were not going to let me have a quiet exit. I do not know, how the students manage to organise but they were able to get a cake, cold drinks some eatables and a big bouquet to the Centre for Women's studies. I really did not want them to waste their money but I knew there was no point telling them any thing for they will never listen to this. We had a grand party and I could see the history department also come and join. My Colleagues, Mnrajesh Mnrajesh Rajesh, Bhangya Bhukya,V.J. Varghese, Anindita were all there. My students made me so emotional. I am so touched and, really it is moments like these that make me proud that I am a teacher and have been able to touch few lives.























No comments: