Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Symbiosis Law School , Nagpur.

 A webinar at the Symbiosis Law School , Nagpur. Today, I addressed  the newly joined students of B.A LL.B/ B.B.A LL.B, on the issue of Towards an Inclusive Campus with a  session on Gender Sensitization. I think with more than two hundred students,  it  was really fun to address these boys and girls who are freshly out of Intermediate and are bubbling with a lot of inquisitive questions on gender. It was nice to see that some of them did a web search on my writings and were able to come up with the titles of my books. A real smart lot. What a change from the 1970's when we were students and not many students would opt for a career in law. Now things are very different and I know from some of my nieces and nephews too that this is a much sought after course and my own niece Avani Joshi  after completing her degree from Jindal law school did her internship in Spain and London and now works in Brussels.  I only wish this lot changes our District courts and other session courts for they remain as it is and many of these youngsters choose a career in Corporate serving in a different way.I am certainly not blaming them but it is my sincere wish that the court scenario at the local level also changes in India and they become more professional and update. Thanks a lot Dr. Sukhvinder Singh for inviting me. It is such a pleasure interacting with these young minds.








No comments: