Saturday, October 31, 2020

Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh

 A National Symposium at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on, Working Women's issues.It was a really wonderful and interesting interaction with Prof. Ipshita Bansal and myself as two academicians, Vimla Mehra a very senior  IPS office who was an IG and Dr. Ahluwalia, Stuti Kackar Ashima Singh from the  IAS .Many of these women had headed many positions. These  officers  brought in a lot of experience from the field with regards to women and work issues. Thanks Dr. Khan and Faiza Abbasi for inviting me to this symposium. I could connect to old friends. I was very happy to see Ashima Singh who has been the Director in the Railways there.  Ashima and I are friends and we were neighbours and as students in the 1970's we would roam around in our cycles  discussing and debating on every thing under the sky, thinking  about what future had in store for us. Today we were discussing in a formal setting and I felt very nostalgic.













No comments: