Wednesday, November 11, 2020

lagan Patrika Celebration of Pavthra

 Today evening, along with my  Colleague Rajesh and our student Rizwan Ahmad , I attended the Lagan Patrika ceremony of my Ph. D. student Pavithra. This ceremony is before the wedding and is the day when the marriage invitation is  written and the first copy is offered to the Gods, the Kuldevta seeking the blessings for a new beginning. It was after ages that this occasion gave me an opportunity to dress up and go out of the home and interact with the world outside. It is really sad to see the new normal, women dressed in all their finery and South Indian silk sarees and wearing a mask, which all of us did and only removed it for the photo session. It gives me a great pride in seeing Pavithra now settle in life. She has been with me since her MA days. After her M. Phil she joined the Ph. D under me. Few days back her Ph. D has been submitted online and she has got a job and joined the  Telangana government. I have seen her grow and become more confident in front of me. I wish her all the happiness and best wishes for a new beginning in life.













No comments: