Thursday, November 12, 2020

Madras Univerrity

Gave two lectures in the Refresher Course organised by the Department of History, Madras University. Since the course was on Trends in the writing of history, I spoke about the historiography of the Bhakti movement in the first lecture and writing of Women's history in the second. I really enjoyed this webinar because all the participants had their videos switched on and I could address the group of participants from different Colleges and Universities in India face to face. In many of the webinars due  to unstable internet and other issues the participants are asked to mute themselves and their video is not visible and I speak to a screen but here I was addressing a group of teachers from India and they were paying attention to what I was speaking. The discussions at the end were also very fruitful.Congratulations to the University of Madras for this and the internet is stable here. Yes, the online technology is now developing fast and the internet is also becoming stable in many parts of the country. A welcome development indeed. 












No comments: