Sunday, May 14, 2017

In Sialsuk , Mizoram and meeting my student Zara

 Travelled to Sialsuk, about 69 Km.to the south of Aijawal in Mizoram. This is the village of my student Zara Ralte. My! What a wonderful day and what soothing sights on the way. The vast expanse of the mountains spread across miles and miles and enfolded in such  a serene, peace, tranquil and soothing environment. Such a pollution free air. Met Zara's mom and other family members and was treated to a spread of Mizo dishes. Mizo food is simple and there is no use of any oil, spices or salt. The food maintains its natural sweetness and is very healthy. I have promised myself that once I reach Hyderabad I am going to try this kind of healthy food at least once a week. Thanks a lot Tia, Pieu and Zara for such a wonderful day and showing me the outskirts of Mizoram. It is indeed heavenly and I only wish that tourism was developed in this region for there is so much to show to the world that this region has to offer in terms of nature.














No comments: