Saturday, November 12, 2016

Lecture in In Sikkim University

 I have come to Sikkim to give a key note address in a Conference organised by Namchi college. I used this opportunity  to give a lecture in the History Dept.of Sikkim University on 12th November , 2016. Here my student Jeevanandam is working as an  Assistant Professor.I was very impressed with the discussion and  questions that followed  and then many M.Phil and Ph.d students came up and said they wanted to have a separate discussion with me on their Research.I found the students very interactive and inquisitive and very eager to learn.I felt very happy to see the progress made by Jeevanandam and the hard work that he is putting in.It is such a wondeeful feeling which cannot be expressed in words when my own research students introduce their research students to me  and tell me   that they are training their students based on the training  they have received from me and treat their students just as  I had treated them earlier.It was very nice of the Dept.to organise a dinner and I could meet the few faculty of theirs.















No comments: