Monday, November 14, 2016

The road to Namchi in Sikkim

 Namchi is in the south of Gangtok.It and about 75 Km from Gangtok. It was a beautiful  journey amidst lush green thick forests.We crossed many tea gardens in the way and the roads were lined with wild cherry blossom trees.The roads are now being made wide and the mountains are being cut and hence the journey is through narrow roads with lot of rubble, stones and uneven pathways.The faculty at Namchi kept calling me to find out when I would reach. I told them to give me the address of the hotel and I would reach there directly and not waste their time waiting for me.They refused to listen and I found six to seven of the young faculty waiting to welcome me.I am indeed very touched by this emotional welcome and their   hospitality.











No comments: