Saturday, August 25, 2018

Refresher Course i Osmania University

 Today, on 25th August, 2018, at Osmania University, I interacted with the Faculty from History from all over the country. There were forty participants and it was nice to hear their Director, Prof. Bala Kishan OU, tell me, "Mam, I am your Facebook friend, though I am meeting you for the first time today". Indeed Facebook has connected us to so many. Lavanya, my own student who did her M. Phil and Ph. D with me is an Assistant Professor in History at Osmania University and it was a joy to meet her and indeed there is a great sense of pride to meet  your own  students and see them doing so well and leading programmes in the department. A great pleasure was connecting to about four to five students of mine, whom I taught at the MA level and who are now working in different colleges. They told me, Mam, I was in 1993 batch,some 1996,others  1998. Except few who did not change much, it is indeed difficult to recognise many older students. When these students finish their courses and bid us good bye they are boys but today when I meet them all of them are all  men and very matured and serious. Indeed a great joy in connecting with so many earlier students.













No comments: