Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Mango Tress outside my Home

 Today, on 17th April, 2019, as I look at my  two mango trees planted in front of my boundary outside the gate, filled with mangoes, I am reminded of the Chinese proverb that the best time to plant a tree is twenty years back and the second best time is now. These mango trees planted in 1993, when my twins were in third class and my elder son in tenth, have given so many fruits down the line. Trees teach us so much, to give with out expecting any thing in return except a bare minimum for their survival. They teach me to remain grounded on earth, no matter what heights one might scale. Our colony has a lot of mango trees and no body plucks them. Most of the summers we are out and it is the birds that eat them. The children used to be so excited climbing the trees and plucking the mangoes. Today, most of these are eaten by the birds and parrots and we get to pluck few which are at a reachable distance. Besides providing the much needed shade they provide the much needed green cover. I agree with Kahlil Gibran, when he writes that trees are poems  written by the earth in the sky.








No comments: