Monday, April 28, 2008

Birth of Twins






We had all gone for my brothers wedding in Haldwani and after the wedding we were all sitting and talking with Chandola Uncle who was a principal in D.A.V Public schjool but we knew him as Uncle and a pamist. All of us were in a great mood and started showing him our palms asking him to read and tell us our future. When he looked at my hand he sauid there are three boys in you hand and we all started laughing. With my job it was difficult to manage even one kid and to think of three. i told him, Uncle now adays who goes for three and do you think children are in the hand. We all made fun of his pamistry and joked a lot. When I returned to Hyderabad and had some doubts and went for scanning I discovered that I had twins. I had started crying on the scanning table only and asked the technician to look properly. He brough in another person and told me Madam why are you crying, it means only two chaddis and two baniyans instead of one. I was very upset and kept wondering how I will mange with two. My University was nearlly 15km away and I kept wondering how I would manage. I was advised bed rest by the Doctors. My due date for the kids was june mid but they were born premature on 4th April. I also got full summer vaccations and could join the University when it reopened in June. For this period I own a lot to Lakshmi. A Nepali couple came looking for a job abnd since Somu could speak Nepali he spoke to them and they agred to work for us. They stayed in outr garage down stairs and Bahadur was given a job of a Cowkidar in our Flats. I own so mucvh to Lakshmi . She stayed with me for five years and brought up the kids so well. I found her very sincere and she really relieved me of the burden of child care and took care of the house and the Kida. She was very fond of dressing them up and in the evening as we got home after work, the kids would be neatlly dressed and playing in the flat. Soime times she would tie a single pony tail and some time Tarun would have two ponuy tails. it was primarily due to Lakshmi who would dress up Tarun and Varun so neatlky and put a lto of Baby poweder that the kids became great favouritews of every one in the flats. It was fun with two kids. After my initial worry about managing both it was really fun bringing up twins and now I feel that it is no fun bringing up a single kid. Bittu adored his twin brothers thaough they would often fight. We were staying in the fourth floor and the flats at Vijaya Towers had huge corridors which are not found in todays flats. The kids grew up here playing football, running,, skating and making a lot of noise. They ahd favourite aunties like Shorey Aunty, Reddy aunty, Rizvis. Their favourite friens were Vikki and Chetan.

No comments: