Thursday, September 5, 2019

Teachers day, 2019 and Full Bright to Parul Srivastavs

 A very happy Teachers day to my teachers and students who are teachers. Today from morning I have got so many phone calls and messages and felt so happy.The day started with an old student Joseph who must have been a students in the 80's call me and share his progress in life. This was followed by many others. However, a, very happy moment came when Parul Srivastava, rang up and informed me that she has got the Full Bright fellowship. For the past so many decades, I have had so many students come from the US and work with me for Fulbright and I have helped with their applications and proposals and many have gone back and still remain in touch with me. . This year also I have a, student working on Reproductive health and I have asked her to add  surrogacy to this and she welcomed the idea. She  just landed two days back from the US in   Bangalore  and called me last night with a lot of excitement and we spoke on the phone for nearly an hour. I used to dream of a day when our students from India will get the Full Bright. Parul, you have made me proud and made my teachers day. A big congratulations and I wish you a very bright future ahead.



No comments: