Sunday, March 8, 2020

8th March, 2020

 On this 8th of March, a very happy International Women's Day to my family, extended family, students, friends and Colleagues. Let us hope we are able to create a violence free world where there is equality, equity and respect. I am very proud of the fact that nine of my students,who have done their M. Phil and Ph. D with me are working in different Central and State Universities in India, besides many in different colleges and NGO's and three abroad with NGO's and Publishing Companies. Be it my history students or my Women's Studies students they have carried forward the flag of equality and gender justice in their own ways in teaching, in research, in interacting and encouraging other students to be gender sensitive. I am indebted to you all and those other thousands of men and women who for ages have championed the cause of women. All this makes me belive that there is indeed light after the tunnel.



No comments: