Wednesday, August 19, 2020

My new Book Paper back- Divine sounds

 Today morning my book,  from Cambridge Scholars Publishing, U. K. Divine sounds from the heart arrived. This is a paper back edition and one that can be easily affordable by students and others interested in gender questions, religion and history. Highly appreciate the cover painting done by Priya Nipunge who has done Krishna and Meera in abstract and does painting as a hobby. Thanks Rizwan Ahmad and Monika Dhawle for introducing me to Priya. Very happy to add this book, my 20 th one to my personal collection. I still remember, I was eighteen years old and a cousin Mahesh Chandra Joshi who was studying in IIT Delhi had come to Allahabad and we shared a great rapport and had fantastic discussions.After three days, he then told me why dont you write down in a paper what all you want to do in life. I wrote the first point  to have a library of my own with 200 books. He looked at the list and said, there is no point in having a library even of 200, unless there are your own books in it. Thanks Mahesh Daju, today, I have a section in my library that are my own books, 20 are my own and countless others where, I have written a chapter and contributed to volumes edited by others. I am happy that this is my achievement for the last forty five years, after I showed you my list of what all I wanted to do in life.






No comments: