Sunday, February 10, 2019

South Indian History Validectory

 The South Indian History Congress came to an end on the third day, 10th February, with today's Validectory program. Congratulations Osmania University, History Department for organising this program so well. Every one was happy and I am indeed proud of you both Lavanya and Aruna for all the hard work. Your whole department deserves  an applause. Catering to two thousand people and managing every thing in a, smooth way requires lot of leadership skills and Prof. Arjun Rao, the Head really showed this. Again I met many of my old students and unfortunately our pictures did not come clear for the hall and veranda were dark. When we attend Congress like these ones, as a teacher it is so satisfying for we meet so many of our students who come and introduce and tell us, Mam, I am so and so and you taught me this course or I was your student in such an such a year and I met so many of these students. The chief guest for the Validectory was Prof. Lavanya Vemsani from Shawnee State University, Ohio, and I thought to my self,   she is looking young and what I really liked about the Chief Guest was that she understood the mood of the last day and late evening of the Congress and cut her talk really short though she had a very good paper. This has been published in the souvenir and I can read it at leasure. The best part was when, I was also called to the stage to felicitate Prof Arjun Rao, Lavanya Vemsani told me Mam you do not remember me but I was your student. The world is indeed very small especially when we are all historians meeting under a common roof.














No comments: