Friday, March 9, 2018

Visiting Allahabad University

 This was such a nostalgic trip, visiting my alma mater at Allahabad University. The place looked very neat and clean and was brightly kept with many plants. Thanks to Yogesh my class mate who is now Head of the Department of History, the place has changed a lot and  I had a grand welcome. Met Lalit Joshi,  Panna Lal. It was great meeting my student Harish. I went around the place and Renu Singh, Mohini,  Neeru remembered all of you as we spent a lot of time sitting in the steps and discussing world issues and philosophising about life. Now a beautiful garden has come in front of this. Earlier in the 1976-77, it was just an open empty space, so after every class we would sit here in the steps. The University looked more green and as students it looked very huge but now it appeared to be small in term of distance. May be it is my eye and vision that has changed. A day very well spent and Thanks  a lot  Yogesh,  Lalit  and Harish for making me feel so welcome and strengthening my bonds with my alma mater, especially with the Department of Medieval and Modern History.














No comments: