Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Bihar.

 Delivered the Key note address in the two day Seminar on 29th and 30 th July, at Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Bihar. The seminar on Gendered Societies saw 195 participants connected to the online Conference. In my key note I explained how society becomes gendered and then went on to talk on inequality and the areas where it exists. I concluded by speaking about how inequality which is already existing becomes more intensified in the times of the pandemic and the kind of impact this pandemic  has had on women. I was very happy with the Dean Prof. Rajeev Kumar who listened to my talk very carefully and was able to summarise and synthesise this brilliantly. Thanks a lot Sweta and the sociology Department for taking the lead and inviting me for the key note address. It was also nice to listen to a young scholar from the  University, Sanjay kumar speak on Masculinities.I will be very happy if more men and boys come to speak and express their views in a gendered Conference for as I pointed out in my talk unless men and boys are involved, our agenda will not be able to fulfill  its goal.











No comments: