Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Conference on Vision for an Inclusive Society

 The inauguration of the Conference on Vision for an Inclusive Society is about to begin in Bangalore University on 14th November, 2018. This is a great event to catch up with old and new Feminist friends, Anita Ghai from Ambedkar University, Delhi,  Manimekhalai from Bharati dasan University, Tamilnadu, Shweta Prasad from Benaras Hindu University, R. Indira(President Indian Sociology Association) , Sudeshana Mukherjee from Bangalore University, Gita Chadha and Joseph from Mumbai University . Most of them are from Sociology and I told them that Women's Studies all over the world  is now being dominated with Sociology, though I consider myself a sociologist too with the kind of work I am involved within my teaching and research for the past four decades. Feminism is the bridge that connects  us all.






No comments: